This survey is hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner, who’s blog is awesome! So go check it out!
When I came across this survey it seemed like a really fun thing to do, so here I am!
Hopefully you’ll all like it.
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
Okay, this question is really really hard because I read a lot of amazing books this year. So I’m also going to cheat! ;D
YA paranormal: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. One word: Adrian Ivashkov. No need to say more! ^^
YA dystopia: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I started this book because I heard so much about it and they had it in this english bookstore I went to in Brussels, so I bought the whole trilogy. I just fell in love with the books (and Peeta? ;D). I’m also really excited for the upcoming movie!
Paranormal romance: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. I got to know this book through Goodreads and quickly finished the whole series. Now I’m a huge fan of everything that Jeaniene Frost writes!
Urban fantasy: Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. This book got recommended to me by someone on Goodreads and I am soooo grateful to that person. This book and series has been amazing. I had a hard time choosing between this book and Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison, but picked Darkfever because, well… Barrons. Do I have to say anything more? ;D
2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?
The book I wished I loved more than I do is definitely Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. It’s not that I don’t like the book, I just expected more than it was, because everyone is always super enthousiast over it. I don’t really like Patch or Nora. The story is good though.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?
Another very hard question. There are so many books I was suprised by, but if I have to pick one I’d say… Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I didnt expect to get so addicted by the Fever series so I was really surprised by how the good all the books were. Also Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey surprised me a lot because I didn’t expect it to be as good as the previous book, which was my favorite of that series.
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
I recommended Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost to people the most. I love the series and think everyone should read it!
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
God, there were a lot of series I discovered, thanks to Goodreads mostly (which I joined in february). But once again I have to say the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. I can’t get over how good the books are!
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
I discovered so many amazing authors out there but the favorites I got to know are: Richelle Mead, Jeaniene Frost, Karen Marie Moning, Lauren DeStefano, Kim Harrison and Alyxandra Harvey.
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Before 2011 I didn’t really read any dystopian genres at all so I have to say The Hunger Games. Now dystopia is one of my top favorite genre!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Again Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I can’t say enough how much I loved that book and the entire series. It was really unputdownable!
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
The Book I most anticipated in 2011 was definitely Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. Waiting for it for almost a whole year was frustrating, to say the least and the book was just amazing!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
That HAS to be Barrons from the Fever series. Really. No need for explanations. And if I have to pick a female character also: Julliette from Shatter Me.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Hmm… that has to be Wither by Lauren DeStefano or Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. or The Hunger Games. Yes, all dystopian books..
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning. I really couldn’t believe I waited so long to finally read this book and the entire series!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
From Shatter Me:
“You think that because I am unwanted, because I am neglected and-and discarded-”
My voice inches higher with every word, the unrestrained emotions suddenly screaming through my lungs. “You think I don’t have a heart? You think I don’t feel? You think that because i can inflict pain, that i should? You’re just like everyone else. You think I’m a monster just like everyone else. You don’t understand me at all.”
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (Dirty sexy scenes!)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Things Adrian did!)
Ever book in the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning (EVERYTHING!)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?
I got to know a lot of book blogs but this one I think is the best: I’m Loving Books
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I haven’t been blogging this long so I really couldn’t say..
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I can’t choose! I read so much…
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
That has to be when I got my first few followers!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge. ☺
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
My reviews I guess.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Well, since I live in Belgium I have to order books online. I knew two belgian webshops by they got really bad and didn’t have that much book I wanted anyway. Somewhere along the way I got to know this other webshop (from Belgium and the Netherlands) which pretty much has every book I want and is not too expensive. Also they send the book on time, unlike those other webshops! So thank you Proxis/Azur webshop!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my 2011 Reading Challenge on Goodreads of 80 books! I’m proud of myself! 🙂
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Divergent by Veronica Roth !
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
Fever by Lauren Destefano and The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead!
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
I hope to get more followers and put up more reviews on my blog and complete the reading challenges I’m participating in!
2011 was an amazing book year! I hope 2012 gets even better!
Have you also filled in the survey? Comment below, please!
Happy reading! ♥