Number Of Books You Read: 188
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: YA (any subgenre in it)
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
I’m not even going to break it down into genres like I usually do because this was by far the best book I read this year. It was my first Jodi Picoult book and it touched me beyond measure.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Almost everyone seemed to love this book but I just thought it kinda sucked.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Surprising in a good way because although I did like the first Percy Jackson book I didn’t love it and then I read The Sea of Monsters and loved that one so yeah… pretty surprising!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Because I love it and I’m working for the author so of course! 😉
5. Best series you started in 2014?
Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott
I wasn’t a big fan of the series until the second book, Play (go Mal!) but now it’s a top favorite of mine. Love the Stage Dive guys!
Best Sequel of 2014?
Another example of how the first book wasn’t a favorite of mine and the second one ending up being totally amazing. Can’t wait for the final book!
Best Series Ender of 2014?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I never read books by Picoult before, I’m not much into her genre… until Leaving Time. Soooo amazing (as if that wasn’t obvious yet ;D)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Read it in only a day so yeah… pretty unputdownable!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I’d like to re-read it so I can review it.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
I’m simply obsessed with this cover!
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Tink from Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I’m convinced it’s the best character JLA has created so far. He’s freaking hilarious!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
No explanation needed here. 🙂
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I’m mentioning Leaving Time and Jodi Picoult a lot apparently but, really guys, this book! Definitely thought-provoking!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
I know, I know… I’m so slow with this series but the lenght of three other books intimidates me a bit. But so far the 4th is my favorite.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest – 11 pages:
Longest – 819 pages:
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
A certain character’s death was so shocking to me. *cries*
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Megan and Zander from the Nearly series by Devon Ashley
Because I’m weird like that.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Juliette and Kenji from the Shatter Me series
I love how they became such great friends!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure
Such a good book!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Oh my! Love these guys!
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
To be honest, I’ve read a few 2014 debuts but they weren’t really that great so it’s not worth it to mention them.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
MAL MAL MAL MAL! 😀
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Some scenes made me really cry.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Summerfall by Claire Legrand
I liked it even more than Winterspell!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Because it was a collection of short stories about Pompeii but they formed one story overall and that was pretty amazing.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
I loved this book but the death of one of my favorite characters made me kind of mad…
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I really couldn’t pick just one so there are a couple…
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Boekenbeurs (book fair) 2014 in Antwerp where I met Cassandra Clare and Holly Black! I never thought they’d ever come to Belgium so it was a really awesome day.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
In September I got hired as the virtual assistant of Lesa Howard, author of Phantom’s Dance. It’s been awesome so far and I still love doing it. Sooo yes, that’s probably the best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014, that and of course meeting Cassandra and Holly.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I’m gussing my third blogoversary celebration giveaway.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any review and/or author interview posts.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I have to pass on this question because aside from blogs I didn’t really discover any new book related sites or stores.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
I love the Percy Jackson books but I just couldn’t get to #4 yet. In this new year it’s so on!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
There are no words for how excited I am about this book. It’s been more than two years since the last book so this is huge!
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The cover looks gorgeous, the description sounds fantastic… Just ahhhh ♥
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
It will be sad to see this series end but I’m looking forward to one last book with Adrian. *sniffles*
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
The one thing coming to mind right now is finally reading Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover when I get my hands on it.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone
I liked this one even more than Cruel Beauty. It was awesome!