Yes! It’s that time again!
The end of year book survey of 2012!
It’s my second time doing this survey and I’m so excited to do this thing. ^^
The past year has been so awesome with my first book blogging year and just all the fantastic books and amazing people I have got know. So, yes, you can say I’ve been looking forward to this survey. 😀
Here we go!
~Best In Books 2012
1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
My absolute fave of 2012 was Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Such a beautiful and heart-wreching book. Ahhh! ♥
And for the other books I’m breaking it down in genre because I just have to mention them.
Contemporary (YA): What A Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn
Dystopian (YA): Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
Paranormal (YA): The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Historical Fiction (Adult): The Emperor’s Conspiracy by Michelle Diener
Paranormal Romance (Adult): Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Urban Fantasy (Adult): Iced by Karen Marie Moning
Classic: A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Ha! This question is actually fairly easy for me.
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins – I remember winning this book. One of the first books I ever won and I was so excited to read it because I heard great things about it. I don’t know what happened but I just couldn’t get into it and the book fell rather flat for me. But I have to say that I am planning on reading the second book once it comes out because I did like the whole angel/demon world.
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012?
Definitely Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Again. What can I say? It wasn’t what I was expecting at all but oh, so wonderful!
5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
This was definitely out of my comfort zone-a story about a student/teacher relationship but it was really good and I can’t wait to read more from Eva.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
There’s one book that comes to mind when I think, thrilling and unputdownable and that is Iced by Karen Marie Moning.
9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Oooh, that’s a tricky one for me. I don’t re-read books often since I have so many I still have to read but if there’s one series I have reread some books from and am most likely to re-read it’s the fever series so I have to say Iced by KMM again. But also Mind Over Monsters by Jennifer Harlow because I’ve been actually thinking about re-reading it sometime. Love Jennifer’s books!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
I can’t choose between these two!
11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Hmm… I gotta say Ryodan and Christian in Iced by KMM. They were very memorable!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Without a doubt, Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
A lot of people are probably going to go, Whaaaat? but… Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. I hadn’t had a chance to properly read this before and after I found this one in the library I decided to give it a shot and wow! I loved it so much!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
Don’t make me choose!
“He’s a contradiction: taut magic coiled to strike, gentleness at war with severity, a tongue as sharp as a whip’s edge, yet skin so soft he could be swathed in clouds.”
“Let me tell you something straight off. This is a love story, but not like any you’ve heard. The boy and the girl are far from innocent. Dear lives are lost. And good doesn’t win. In some places, there is something ultimately good about endings. In Neverland, that is not the case.”
“Holy borrowing bibliophile, let’s book!”
―Iced by Karen Marie Moning
“He was all but shouting, stalking toward her. He grabbed her arms and gave her a little shake. “This time, the bastards don’t win. I win.”
“What do you win?” she whispered.
He bent his head and crushed his lips to hers.”
―The Emperor’s Conspiracy by Michelle Diener
“Because I want her.
I want nothing between us.
I want her clothes off and the lights on and I want to study her. I want to unzip her out of this dress and take my time with every inch of her.”
―Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
Okay, I’m done now. LOL!
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012?
Shortest ― Goodnight Sam by Inger Iversen with 12 pages. I love short stories!
Longest ― Nevermore by Kelly Creagh with 543 pages. I LOVED Nevermore. Amazing book.
7. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending in Iced. Well, actually the whole book was kinda like that but especially the ending!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Adrian and Sydney in The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead for sure! Awww, I love them. Can’t they get it on for real already?!
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Iced by Karen Marie Moning. I love everything KMM writes and the Fever series is my favorite series ever.
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. My awesome friend Em recommended this book to me. She’s a huge Potterhead so she kinda made me read it.
~Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Hard question since I got to know so many awesome new blogs.
Jean BookNerd – Her blog is awesome and she always has the greatest giveaways.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
It’s not really a discussion but I love this character interview I did with Apollo from the Oracle of Delphi series by Diantha Jones.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I don’t remember where but I once saw this blog post about Fifty Shades where someone was ranting about how bad it is and how pedo it is and blahblah. Obviously I don’t agree but to me it was thought-provoking, yes.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
This one’s easy. By far the best event was the Blog Tour of The Oracle of Delphi series by Diantha Jones. I had so much fun doing the Apollo character interview and reading the book and reviewing it + Diantha’s a real nice person.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Oh I have a few!
-The moment where I got my first review request to review Few Are Angels by Inger Iversen. She’s one amazing person!
-The moment where Diantha Jones first asked me to review her book Prophecy of the Most Beautiful. And also when she asked me for the blog tour to review the second book and again my character interview with Apollo.
-And last but not least the moment where Michelle Diener send three books (The Emperor’s Conspiracy and Susanna Horenbout & John Parker book 1 & 2) of hers to me for review. I can’t thank her enough for that. I love the books so so much!
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My August New Release Giveaway had 4228 views and 247 comments. That was the most popular, I suppose. 😀
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Definitely The Book Depository because the bookish webshops from Belgium are just crap. Without TBD I would be lost!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
The only challenge that I completed was the 2012 Reading Challenge from Goodreads. I set out to read 90 books and I’ve gone over it already. Yay!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling because I recently purchased the boxed set so I can finally read them. 🙂
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
Dude, the list is endless…
Altered by Jennifer Rush (January 1st)
Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey (January 8th)
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (February 5th)
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (February 12th)
Sever by Lauren DeStefano (February 12th)
Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black (February 12th)
Awakened by Inger Iversen (February 14th)
The Prince by Kiera Cass (March 5th)
What’s a Witch to Do by Jennifer Harlow (March 8th)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (March 19th)
Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost (March 26th)
The Collector by Victoria Scott (April 2nd)
Nameless by Lili St. Crow (April 4th)
The Elite by Kiera Cass (April 23rd)
Solar, Defeated by Diantha Jones (April 23rd)
Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike (April 30th)
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead (June 4th)
Ashes on the Waves by Mary Lindsey (July 2nd)
And so on… ♥
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I just hope to have as much fun in the next year as I did in 2012 with blogging and to continue meeting amazing people this way and discovering lots of new awesome books.
How about you guys? If you do a End of Year Book Survey, link it to me and I’ll come by! :] ♥
Bookish overload! Love your answers Steph! 🙂
Overload indeed. 😉 Thanks, Jenn! ♥
I LOVED this! And thanks for all of the mentions. I think you are super wonderful as well!
Wow, that is fun! I don't know if I will have time to do this myself, but I'll save it just in case!
Awesome list!! I loved The Golden Lily and Once Burned too. I definitely need to check out Tiger Lily, The Emperor's Conspiracy, and Iced. Thanks for sharing!